Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kennedy's Blog Mission Statement

Why am I doing this?
In early November 2008 my 9 months old daughter, Kennedy, was diagnosed as having Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip on her right hip. I was obviously shocked and distressed. As this journey began I was worried, frustrated, terrified and mad - at what Kennedy and I were about to experience, how complicated life was about to become, how unhappy I thought Kennedy would be...everything. However, through time I discovered the resources I needed to move foward, in the form of emotional support through the hip baby message board as well as the necessary gear to keep Kennedy entertained and happy. As life has carried on, I want to help impart some of my successes (and failures) to other parents currently experiencing my same concerns. I hope you gleam some useful information from my experiences, and if nothing else know that you're not alone and that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't always attached to an oncoming train! Good luck in your own hip journeys!



No comments:

Post a Comment